Thanksgiving made for an absolutely amazing weekend. I had forgotten how wonderful it is to have family around. Family one gets along with, that is. I have a plethora of photos from my trip, all of which are currently languishing in my computer because I left my USB cord in Rhode Island. My aunt is mailing it to me, so hopefully I'll have it back and photos posted soon.My cousins, Cameron and Devon, are the cutest kids ever. Two and four may be the perfect age, at least when you get to give them back. From intense and sarcastically competitive Scrabble games to walks on the beach to pumpkin cheesecake, all in a place I love, I cannot imagine having a more perfect Thanksgiving weekend. Not to mention the fact that I finally figured out where my sense of humor and some other major parts of my personality come from. And I was genuinely happy. More so than I have been in a long time.
All of this is enough to make me seriously consider moving to New England. Finding a job wouldn't be difficult, one of my mom's brothers works as a consultant in the biomedical field and offered to use his connections, I'd be close to family, my allergies are negligible compared to Austin, the ocean is right there, and the northeast actually has seasons. However, I don't know how much of that reasoning is my deep dissatisfaction with graduate school speaking and how much of it is really what I want. Nor do I think I'm ready to pick up and leave all of my Austin friends. It took a long time to find my support network and I seriously doubt I'll ever find a group quite like them ever again. Then there's my rugby team and the fact that Austin is finally starting to feel familiar. Really, though, all of this is pointless conjecture because unless I'm prepared to walk away from my degree none of this is feasible for at least another six months. But it is a relief to know there is somewhere I could escape to that I am happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment