White noise. I am sick and tired of all the noise I am surrounded by. At the moment there is a vent beside me, two minus eighty freezers and an air conditioning unit in the room with me making noise. In these buildings there is nowhere to escape the din. Every room has some piece of equipment running at any given time. Yet there are certain shrill sounds I can hear over it coming from the room next to me...
Camping this weekend will be a relief. A chance to get the hell out of the city for a while and reconnect with the sky and and myself and have some time away from everything cluttering my life with various forms of stress. The white noise makes an excellent parallel to all those things, actually. And yes, at the end of the weekend I will have to come back to them (and the constant white noise in the background), but hopefully with more clarity than I have now.
I haven't been blogging much lately, mostly out of lack of inspiration. Despite that lack I am, however, starting to feel a lot better about everything. I feel like myself more and more often and have occasionally even felt like belting out some inane pop song while sitting in traffic a time or two this week. Believe it or not this is, for me, a very good sign.
21 Days for Good #ohSnapkitchen
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment