Today skies are painted colors of a cowboy cliche'
And strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky
are next to mountains anyway
Didn't have a camera by my side this time
Hoping I would see the world through both my eyes
Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm
in the mood to lose my way
but let me say
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes
it brought me back to life
-3x5, John Mayer
Early this morning I stood on the shore of the little inlet of Lake Bastrop we camped out beside for the weekend and watched steam rise off the water and for once everything in me was calm and unworried. Even those things in my life completely out of my control but on a blatant crash course to effect my life were out of mind and I could see that it really is all going to be okay. It may not go the way I have it planned out, but in the long run it will all be just fine. I need to live on the water, any water, and not in the city. Now I wish I had taken a photo to capture the quiet of the moment reflected in the water, but really it was a 3x5 kind of weekend. The camera didn't come out of my backpack once. I was fully taking things in, instead of living through a view finder.
21 Days for Good #ohSnapkitchen
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment