10.02.2006

whilst contemplating dancing in my living room ala Callie

So it seems I've survived another birthday. Dropped Erica off at the airport earlier this afternoon half convinced that she ought to move to Austin. Mission accomplished. For lunch we went to Trudy's since no trip to Austin is complete without TexMex and at least one mexican martini and sat talking about the weekend and the things we'll have to do next time she comes to visit. Sometimes the two of us say the darnedest things in the midst of an otherwise perfectly normal conversation.

E: It's a good thing I was blissfully buzzed or Joe would have had his lips ripped off.
A: Blissfully buzzed?
E: Yes, blissfully buzzed. As opposed to splificated, which is what I was on Saturday night.
A: Do you have a pen? I have to write those down. Perfect description of the state I we were in on Thursday night.

(background: Joe is one of the Huns who pulled the 7th grad move of asking for a kiss on the cheek then whipping around to plant one on the lips. Merely one of many hilarious random moments in a very interesting post-practice Thursday evening.)

I don't want the weekend to be over. Silly, yes, but going back to my normal life lacks appeal. Hopefully 24 will be a much better year than 23 was. It's starting out that way, at least. I don't think I stopped smiling Saturday night.

No comments: