My mother once said, "Amy, the only thing domestic about you is the wine you drink." This is not true. I prefer Yellowtail wine, which everyone knows comes from the exotic isle of Australia. According to Dooce, however, this lack of domesticity is a spiritual problem,
"Because anyone who has read the Bible knows that the last thing you want is for the triumphant return of the Lord to happen before you’ve had a chance to vacuum your living room. He will totally notice. And worse, so will your mom." These days I'm doing better, perhaps. There are only a few dirty dishes in the sink and two loads of laundry waiting to be folded. And I actually
own a vacuum, unlike college where my roommates and I depended on the horrible excuses for cleaning appliances that could be loaned from the dorm's front desk. So what if said Dirt Devil usually sits abandoned and lonely in my closet while I'm off trying to save the world?
No comments:
Post a Comment