
Take kale. Before a couple of weeks ago I had never seen the stuff, much less eaten it. But there it was, sitting in my basket and begging to be used. Fortunately recipes abound online, however, and I found my answer in a vinegar based coleslaw, which I modified to fit the Zone.
1.25 cup kale, chopped finely
2 cup red cabbage, chopped
1.5 cup green cabbage, chopped
1 cup carrots, shredded
1/3 cup red onion, diced
1 Tbsp lime juice
1.5 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
pinch salt
pinch pepper
Add all vegetables to a very large bowl, mix thoroughly. In a small bowl whisk lime juice, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together. Pour over vegetables and mix together, making sure the vegetables are coated well. Refridgerate for at least two hours before serving.
If split into five equal servings, each consists of 2 blocks fat, 1 block carbohydrate.

1 comment:
Put kale on the george forman grill for a few minutes (until it isn't so stiff, but not quite wilty) with a little olive oil and salt and paper. Or oil and balsamic vinegar. YUM!
Post a Comment