5.09.2009

Perservere. Overcome. Conquer.

This morning I hit the snooze at least twice laying in bed and contemplating completely skipping out on the 300 workout. Then I remember that I'd already shelled out the money for the program and I might as well just do it. Which in turn made me wonder why I pay to torture myself this way. Once at the gym I continued to wonder as my apprehension grew through the body comps (though that was better than expected) and warm up and intro. But finally my hands were on the pullup bar and we were off.

Not only did I manage to survive the Spartan workout, but I also finished within the allotted twenty minute time. The dead lifts and kettlebell clean and presses I totally knocked out, absolutely no problems. A 10 kilo kettlebell? Please. I eat those for breakfast.

Even the jumping pullups, even the final 25 reps of the day, didn't give me much of an issue, proving to myself that most of my issue there is mental. I chose to step up for the box jumps, which turned out to be a wise decision because at about 2o in my legs started getting shaky and somewhere after 30 I actually caught the edge of the box with my foot. My pushups need work, but it was the floor wipers that made me want to cry. Randall and my spotter (whose name I have forgotten...) got me through them in sets of five or four or three at a time.

Then, before I knew it Mike was calling the four minute mark, I was up and on the bar for pullups and then I was done. At 17:24.

And after a half an hour and a liter of water I was back to making silly faces.


No comments: