7.30.2008

Steampunk 8


Steampunk 8
Originally uploaded by katbret_photography.

Me + internet connection = dangerous. Looking for welding goggles ala Dr. Horrible sent me down a Steampunk bunny trail. I'm fascinated. And seriously wondering if I could pull this off. Surely it's not too soon to be thinking about Halloween?

4 comments:

Mrs. Juicebox said...

It is absolutely not to soon to be thinking about Halloween, especially in Austin, Texas!

Jeremy and I are already plotting how to make him a Dr. Horrible outfit (red or white?), and I'm debating whether to go as Penny or as one of the other characters (bad horse? - fun but likely uncomfortable). Halloween always sneaks up on us, but this year we're going to be prepared! And Horrible!

p.s. You could definitely pull off steam punk. You have the, erm, assets, for that kind of top:)

Hey Lady! said...

Is this "Steam punk" thing a known thing? Am I out of the loop? What is the purpose? I am confused, I looked at the pictures, looks cool enough but have never seen anything like this before...

Amy said...

It's gaining popularity. Apparently there were a number of people dressed in Steampunk at Comicon a few weeks ago.

Sort of neo-Victorian meets science fiction. Jules Verne, Orson Welles kind of stuff. Or if you give it a western edge, like the Will Smith movie Wild, Wild West (the crazy spider thing, etc). I just think it's really cool.

Anonymous said...

Here's a steampunk Etsy page for you: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5000224