Much like last summer, aside from having considerably better employment, I have been much too busy actually living my summer adventures to write about them. Or anything else, really.
Last night, though, was a new thing for me. As our Wednesday night Merge event the group went to see Labyrinth, hosted by a local radio station and Central Market. Outdoor movies are one of the greatest summer activities yet invented. The night was perfect for it - warm and humid with a slight breeze, a nearly full moon hanging in the sky just over the enormous blow up screen. The crowd was HUGE. Apparently most people my age grew up with this movie and have remember it with exceptional fondness. I'd never seen it, not suprising given my media-sheltered upbringing. At the age of 25, Labyrinth is kinda twisted and just bad, in a fabulous sort of way. Mrs. Juicebox, who loved it as a child looked at me and whispered, "I don't remember it being this bad! I haven't seen it since I was little, but we loved it then!" about the time the pink-orange limb-shedding creatures started dancing and singing. Like I said: twisted, but kind of fabulous. And totally entertaining for a warm July night.
21 Days for Good #ohSnapkitchen
11 years ago

2 comments:
Is is sad that I still don't think it's bad? I still love it! And I'll admit something else...when I was little I had a crush on David Bowie after seeing this movie about a hundred times!
So did you ever see Legend or The Last Unicorn? Both during that time period - both starring unicorns (of course). Legend was the first movie I ever saw Tom Cruise in!
Post a Comment