8.25.2006

life comes at you fast

Lately it seems that my social life has suddenly slipped through the cracks. It's kinda like the Nationwide slogan - life comes at you fast. Rugby and grad school have basically eaten my life. Work all day, then in the evenings I either work late or am trying to get my butt to Burnet middle for practice as quickly as I can. Then I come home and crash and get up to do it again. Not that I am unhappy with this particular state of affairs; it means not only am I accomplishing things, but I'm playing rugby as well. I think there's a positive feedback relationship between the two, actually. If only my boss understood that.

Yesterday I wound up in my friend Patty's office for an hour. She is in charge of event planning, basically, for my entire department. I get stories about her grandkids, a bit of vague gossip in relation to whatever my problem of the week is, and when I need it some advice. Yesterday part of our talk included a short lecture on staying in dysfunctional environs. God, I wish I'd known when I started this process what I know now...

No comments: