8.14.2006

enjoyment

Fabulous, fabulous weekend. House sitting is lovely. Particularly when it involves a garden tub (the really big ones, with water jets) and a pool. And an agreement that allows friends to visit.

Friday night I left work early and took a nap while waiting for Mopac traffic to return to reasonable. Got to Pat's where I was house sitting, put in a load of laundry and vegged in front of the TV until I got a call from Andrea saying that she and Matt, along with the Juiceboxes and Tim were coming over. We sat with our feet in the pool and drank beer and caught up. I am so happy that Jess is back in town. For good this time!

Saturday was a busy day of tubing and Matt and Andrea's party. Lots of wonderful people crowed into their relatively small one bedroom apartment. Our group of friends is so fantastic and amazing. There were classic Nintendo games and Guitar Hero being played, we drank too much and laughed too loudly and took turns on the punching bag on the balcony. Morgan and Rachel shut themselves in the bedroom for unknown purposes. Several people had their ears talked off. I still haven't been talked into playing guitar hero. Lauri fell backwards on to the coffee table while playing guitar hero and knocked over a glass of wine. Shh...no one is supposed to know about that, except the 20 people already in the room...

No comments: