7.31.2006

anticipation

Rugby practice starts in just over two weeks... I need this. Both my mind and my body need this. It sounds crazy, but I feel different: more restless, more unsettled, less content, less self confident when I don't have rugby for an extended period of time. My stress just accumulates. It generally settles in my back. My lower back tension, and thus hamstring tightness issues, will dissapate once I'm back on the pitch. There is a difference in the way I deal with my emotions, not to mention in my self confidence. Active rugby players have this small voice in the back of their mind telling them that they are capable of taking over the world. After all, after eighty extremely physical minutes battling heavier, fiercer opponents on a rugby pitch there isn't much left to prove to yourself.

I need this.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Let me know if you ever want to release the tension with more kettlebells. ;o)