7.16.2006

one foot in the past

Back from Indy. Trying to recover. Late nights, early mornings. Spent lots of time with old friends, met some cool new people. Realized that respect sometimes comes from unexpected places, people really can grow up, but some people never change. That suddenly guys (in that crowd) find me attractive, but they still don't ask for phone numbers; that that growing up sucks, but maybe at some point I'll be ready to let go.

When did I ask to be included in the process of growing up? Screw this quarter life crisis-ing, I want to be 19 again and just beginning my term on the jr. board. Kara and Joe both were elected and I am incredibly excited for the two of them. Joe's speech for the delegates on Wednesday night was one of the best I've ever heard in a long time. I gave so much of myself when I was on the board that I have a vested interest in who is elected, even if I have no real influence in the decision, so it's exciting to have a new six of which I approve.

1 comment:

Magnu-tron said...

Don't fight the growing up. Once you hit your late 20's, you start to feel a kind of beautiful and powerful you didn't even know existed before. The whole mid-20s thing is the struggle to let go of being a "girl" and embrace being a "woman". But once you finally stop squirming/thrashing and settle in, you can't even imagine going back. You're going to be awesome at your late 20s, too. I hope you still live here then, even though you probably will not.