5.03.2006

we like it rough

...but not violent...

"'Growing up, you play football with the boys and you tackle, but then as you grow older there are not contact sports,' said Gogla, a sales associate for the Boston Company Asset Management LLC, a branch of Mellon Financial. 'Here you can take out your aggressiveness on the field. I missed that childhood roughness. It's fun.'"

Excellent article about women's rugby published in the Boston Globe last week. Practice last night was fantastic, so much fun. I'm proud of my sore shoulders and slightly skinned knees, and had forgotten just how physically intense even just running drills can be. It feels good to do something like it that I enjoy so much again, even if I am in so much worse shape than most of my teammates after my six months off and their three months of getting run ragged in fitness practices. Can't wait to start actually playing again.

Okay, back to my still not finished rewrite. Gonna be another long night.

1 comment:

rachel said...

Amy, are you travelling to NYC this weekend?? We are so excited to host your team!!