5.08.2006

winding down

I'm declaring this a week to wind down from the semester and get ready for the trip. This time next Monday, Emily, Laura and I will be in Rome! Between now and then I am, however, flush with errands to take care of.

Karavel Shoes and finding a pair of insoles is the biggest thing. High arches + shin splints + walking around foreign cities = I'd better have some good support. After that, I need a pair of hiking shoes and a backpack. Got the pack picked out, just delaying on spending the money. Thesis project decisions need to be made, but that requires a discussion with my boss who is currently too busy to even think about me. My car registration expired six months ago and the DMV isn't exactly open when my schedule is free. My apartment is a complete wreck, as I tend to neglect all things domestic when my life goes to hell. Plus, the final for the class I TA is on Wednesday; grading nearly ninety of them is not something I'm really looking forward to, but, like everything else, it will get taken care of.

The weather yesterday on the river was beautiful. Four hours on the water with enforced nothing to do. It was beautiful.

No comments: