Damn. I'm currently sitting on over 100 signatures for the Kinky Friedman campaign and can't do a thing about them. Yesterday on my way to work I noticed a bunch of papers strewn along the east side of Guadalupe street and realized what they were. So I picked them up, finding more and more as I walked until I had over ten pages. Good intentions are all well and good, but there is a small problem here. Every signature must be witnessed by the person who gathers them, who then has to sign an affidavit affirming witnessing the signatures in front of a notary public. Since I didn't gather them I didn't witness them. So I won't lie and say I did. So Kinky loses over 100 signatures due to unknown circumstances causing these stained and wrinkled, but signed, pages to be strewn along one of Austin's main streets.
1 comment:
Post about it on craigslist. Or you could just e-mail her campaign directly. Maybe someone there knows what's going on.
Post a Comment