2.12.2006

sweet, sweet relief

Drumroll please....

Thanks to lots of help from my friend Jess (no, one of the other ones), to whom I am now forever indebted, The Abstracts Are FINISHED. I will go over them briefly one more time tomorrow before I email them to my track chair along with my personal research summary. So this gives me a week of freedom until I start on the ten page proposal. It's a breath of fresh air at least and a chance to de-stress a little.

So I'm sitting here watching the Olympics (I swear I'm addicted) with a cup of hot chocolate spiked with a little Irish Creme. Mmmm, the only way to make it through these cold winter nights. Truth be told, the speed skating and luge events aren't really all that exciting, though. The half pipe snowboard runs are amazing; its like these guys can fly. I want to be able to do that, however it would probably involve actually learning to snowboard though, and considering snowboarding involves actual snow and a hill I'm not seeing myself having the opportunity to pick it up any time soon.

No comments: