2.14.2006

screw you, CBS

CBS, I now officially hate you. You canceled my show. My. Show. Love Monkey. Y'know, the only new series on television this season that was actually worth watching. After only three episodes you canceled Love Monkey. You didn't even give things a chance! In quarter life terms, that's the equivalent of half a date, if that. It's an insult to something that you very well know could have been great...and what's worse, we had plans! Just me and Tom Cavanaugh, some Peanut M&M's and Sprite, in a quest for some really great music on a quiet Tuesday night. But no, you punked out. Some small minded, impatient exec couldn't handle it, so instead of hanging on to something you knew was quality you put it "on hiatus." Well, screw you, I spent the evening with the Olympics instead.

Edit - I went googling in search of hope for Love Monkey and found a petition to CBS to bring the show back. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but short of storming the corporate offices (which would burn off some stress...) it seems the best option to actually do something about this travesty.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap, I thought things were just all wonky because no one wanted to compete with the Olympics. Crap, Crap, Crap. I liked that show too. It had Jason Priestly AND I got Tom Cavanaugh back AND that girl from Arrested Development who is weirdly funny.

Otis said...

If they cancelled that show I'm going to ninja kick the first CBS representative that I meet...I don't care if it's the local news girl. It's the smartest show on TV right now (almost tied with Gray's and Scrubs), why would you do that!?!

Still pretending that they just didn't want to compete with the olympics.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I think it is so lame of CBS just “putting Love Monkey on Hiatus for an unknown time”. I personally think that this show should either go on a different network like the same one with the Gilmore Girls or be on at a different time slot. Here is the contact info where as you can find out what their plans are. If you do find out please let us know! Thank you!
CBS contact form:
http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.shtml
CBS Main Number:
(212) 975-4321

Anonymous said...

RATINGS FOR LAST NIGHT’S SHOW THAT REPLACED LOVE MONKEY…THIS IS NOT A GOOD SIGN!
"NCIS" rerun, 5.8/10, on CBS.

CONTACT THE WB MAYBE LOVE MONKEY CAN JOIN GILMORE GIRLS IN THEIR LINE UP!….

Anonymous said...

CONTACT THE WB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(818) 977-5000
FROM
STUCKEYVILLE.COM:
“I heard on E! last night
that LM is being shopped to
the new WB/UPN merger, the CW.
I saw the segment with my own
eyes and heard the commentary
myself as my husband was
flipping around the channels.
The announcer's words
were, roughly, "Fans of
the CBS show 'Love
Monkey,' which was pulled
after only 3 episodes, will be
happy to know that the show
may reappear on the new CW
network, where it is being
shopped..." It was a
short segment, and they showed
a clip of the guys on the
basketball court.
That's all I know.
Hope this helps out some of
the show's fans!”
I WOULD CALL THE
WB NOW AND PUSH THIS
ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!