1.04.2006

questionable science

People like this guy piss me off. Don't go in for the big stakes if you can't handle the possibility of failing. Human stem cells is big business, there is a lot of good to be done and a lot of money to be made once their full potentional is being utilized. As such I can sort of see where he was coming from, but it is an unforgivable move. Especially because of how high profile this is. Falsifying data and results is a huge blow to the integrity of science. The entire world now has less faith in the idea that the greater good will be served by medical research. One man degrades the integrity of millions of researchers worldwide because he couldn't handle the fact that he is not all-powerful. Well, guess what, dude - I have trouble with that one, too, but you aren't going to see me changing numbers around just to make it look like my stupid real time worked. Even though I'd really like it to. Just once.

No comments: