3.01.2006

nobel anticipation

I am currently sitting on the steps of the ARC, waiting on one of the other Gottlieb Lecture Series Committee officers. We are going to pick up Phil Sharp at the airport. There is this huge part of me going "ohmygod, ohmygod it's a Nobel Laureate. A Nobel Laureate is going to be in my car. Ohmygod, I didn't vacuum it out. Ohmygodohmygod." The other parts of me are trying really hard to ignore this voice. Apparently since I wrote the letter on behalf of the graduate students inviting him I get to be the official host. He is speaking tomorrow afternoon as the third guest in this lecture series. And in addition to picking him up at the airport and taking him to his hotel today I get to spend most of tomorrow with the man. Talk about your major schmooze opportunities. Not only is Dr. Sharp a Nobel Laureate he is also one of the big guys in the area I am most interested. Boston for a postdoc? I could do worse than MIT...

4 comments:

L said...

Fancy, fancy! Have fun!

Otis said...

Can you please move to Boston, so that I can visit? Please!

Amy said...

What's in Boston?

Otis said...

I just like it. It's my favorite city that I've visited in the whole US of A.