3.15.2006

If asked for one word to describe graduate school, I would have to answer 'draining'. I am completely drained right now. Emotionally, psychologically, and physically drained. At the moment I just don't want to think anymore. I want to just be. Just exist for a little while and actually get the opportunity to enjoy the world around me. Laying in the courtyard behind the building at lunch this afternoon I was trying to admire the clouds, but instead I was nearly asleep when my lunch buddy, Jess, finally showed up. I feel totally removed from time as well; I know that March 17th is St. Patty's Day. I know that Friday is March 17th. But for whatever reason in my head Friday is not St. Patty's Day. Even though it is. So what are we doing for St. Patty's Day, anyway? I propose pints at Bull McCabe's, which ought to be quieter than any other pub in town. (St. Patty's Day doesn't count for Lent.)

No comments: