12.10.2005

Back on This Side of the Door

If you have any scrap of wonder and imagination left in you go see The Chronicles of Narnia. It was fantastic.

As a child I was always rather disappointed when the closets and wardrobes I played in contained only old clothes and mothballs, with nothing else behind them. On our way out of the theatre we got to walk past the lamp post and through the wardrobe back into the real world. I laughed with absolute joy as we did it. What a fantastic idea; I love Alamo Drafthouse for many reasons, things of that nature being just one of them.

Facing the world is a bit easier after suspending belief for a little while. So in the next week I have to deal with finals and at least one night spent babysitting the microarray printer. Those are small thing compared with everything else in life. Between preliminary exams and TAing Sue's genetics class I am dreading the start of next semester. And from the final until the start of spring semester I have a month to get as much research done as possible. There will be some long days and weeks spent in lab.

1 comment:

Otis said...

I once went to this really rich house and they had this wardrobe in the kid's bedroom...if you opened it they had some coats and behind those was a secret playroom. Pretty cool idea when you have more money than you need.