11.15.2005

mid atlantic rambling

Home. Or at least where my family now lives. Most importantly on the East Coast. I'm currently sitting in a coffee shop in Winchester, VA, getting free wireless not from the coffee shop, but rather from the Sleep Inn next door. Of course small cities in rural areas don't have near-universal wireless access...I just hadn't thought about it. Even in Everedy Square in Frederick I couldn't get wireless. My best friend just gave me an exasperated look and said "you're in Fredneck," as if I should have remembered that our hometown is hopelessly backwards and behind the times.


What a weekend. The Valkyries dominated both Saturday and Sunday, winning the "Nation-al Cup." Playing in the Furies B side on Saturday was the most fun I have had playing rugby. Sunday at the Ambassador's Cup I saw my first Haka, which in and of itself may have been worth the cost of the plane ticket. And the post-games social was held at the New Zealand Embassy and included free beer (but then again, this is rugby we're talking about here) and a free dinner. Roast lamb. Yum.

So the air is crisp, the leaves are changing colors and life is good. Not thinking about school is even better. And I get seafood for dinner. Yum.

2 comments:

Otis said...

The Haka is AWESOME! I'll never forget my first time.

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself. Can't wait to have you back here, but in the meantime live it up over there while you can.

Dave said...

Looks like an awesome Line dance.... I think I'll cross-plant it into lindy circles.

Have fun. We've been missing you round here. My washer and dryer are getting lonely.