6.12.2009

Ouch

Immensely proud of myself for finishing this workout, which is pictured today on the kettlebell blog. My hands were tearing open and the snatches were laddering up to 10 per side (I think this might have been the round of 8 or 9), but I finished without stopping!




One week left in the Spartan and I can feel my resolve flagging. This week I've eaten out, and badly, a number of times and Saturday night I fell off the wagon with a few beers at the post-tournament social. Then yesterday I had a milkshake and french fries, but this was a planned falling off the wagon. Getting two fillings, both in rear molars, on opposite sides of my mouth makes for a grumpy Amy. The milkshake assuages that. And the fries cut the sweetness some after five weeks without sugar. That being said, I'm looking forward to the occasional mornings I can choose to have pumpkin bread with my coffee instead of deli meat - again.

2 comments:

Blondie said...

Hi Amy -

Keep your head up! :) Hadn't been here in a while, but today I caught up with your posts and it's great to see how well you're doing.

Don't dwell on the little things, think big picture and keep moving forward. Like in our rugby games - don't dwell on the small errors, it's the game that counts. Keep running.

- Jes

Hey Lady! said...

Wait, five weeks without sugar? Voluntarily? You are not only stronger than me physically...