12.17.2008

A brief look back at 2008

2008 has been very good to me. Finally I feel as if I'm getting back to being the person I am meant to be - I've come a long way from December 2007. So, as inspired by Jeremy and Lance, and in honor of my one year anniversary of holding a real job, a brief look back on 2008.

I am thankful for:

-My job, which has provided me with the security to truly get myself back on my feet.

-Crossfit Central and all the coaches who have motivated to push myself farther and harder than I ever thought I could and into better shape than I thought possible and playing better rugby than ever.

-The move from front row to 8 man and playing as B-side captain for the fall season. It has been an amazing experience and I pray that we have enough players to fill two full sides again in the spring. A year ago I'd have done almost anything for the opportunity to play B side rugby. Rugby for fun, rugby for the joy of 80 minutes of absolute freedom, win or lose, rugby because I am young and strong and I love it and I can.

-Learning better who I really am and where my boundaries in so many areas of my life lie.

-That my best friend moved to Austin this year.

-For my friends and teammates who have become my family here in Austin over the past four and a half years I've been in this city.

No comments: