5.12.2008

reasons to play


There are a myriad of reasons I play rugby. But I swear, this is definitely one of them.

Atlanta was fantastic. We lost our first game 32-24. Two tries in the last five minutes - if we'd been playing full 40 minute halves the Valks just might have won. The score in the second match was 24-0, a win for the Valks. Playing was a heck of a lot of fun and Atlanta put on a great social for us as well. Kangaroo court was excellent, per always, with some truly imaginative punishments. I truly adore travelling with my teammates. It was such a great weekend that I fell asleep nearly as soon as I sat down in my seat on the airplane and Atlanta and didn't wake up until we landed in Houston. Didn't even manage to turn off my cell phone in flight. Oops...
Spring 2008 has been a really great season for me and I'm very much looking forward to the fall. If I work hard enough this summer I may even earn my starting position back. Now that we have some down time though, I'm even more looking forward to the prospect of getting a free weekend, though between all the weddings and 7s tournaments and the men's semifinals being here in Austin I don't know when.

No comments: