Simply put, this weekend rocked. Friday night was the Dropkick Murphys show at Stubbs. I went with some great friends and ran into a number of others (some literally, as I spent most of the show in the pit). Many of whom were happier than I've seen them in a long time. Leave it to a rugby player to sparkle with excitement while in a mosh pit. The show was totally worth waiting two years since the last time they played in Austin.
Saturday night was a time warp. One of my teammates held a party to celebrate leaving her Starbucks employment after five and a half years. Six hours disappeared without my noticing, lost in good converstation about everything from books to politics. One of our rookies is apparently a kindred spirit of mine. Even if she does think Jonathon Frakes looks better without the beard. And getting to spend time with my best friend was golden, watching her be as comfortable as I've seen her since she moved to Austin. By the time I happily, wearily crawled into bed after dropping off drunk friends, it was after 5AM. Damn daylight savings.
21 Days for Good #ohSnapkitchen
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment