6.13.2007

inclusion

Home from back home... For the first time in a long time I was not seriously considering how to get out of coming back to Austin. Presumably because now I only have good things to come back to. The week was a bit crazy, but I love my mother's family. It becomes more apparent each time I'm around them where certain previously unexplained parts of my personality stem from.

As much as I love and appreciate them, however, it becomes overwhelming after a while. At one point during Saturday's party I took refuge in the for-the-moment uncrowded house where my mom's brother, Steve, and his wife, Debra, were also hiding out. This elicted a "You're anti-social, too?" from Debra. Upon responding that it sometimes is just too much Steve piped in with a cheery "Don't worry, you've got plenty of time to get worse." It's nice to be included in the club.

No comments: