For whatever reason I am reminded of a scene in Hope Floats, and not the one where Harry Connick Jr. sweeps Sandra Bullock off her feet - literally...
Justin: You look terrible. Been drinkin'??
Birdee: Why does everyone think I've been drinkin'?! Is there a coaster stuck to my butt or somethin'?
Justin: You gotta feel depressed looking like that.
Birdee: Gee, Justin, do you always say what is on your mind or is this just my lucky day?
Justin: I'm doing you a favor by not lying, Birdee.
Birdee: Well Justin, I don't need any favors...I just need...somethin'... (she turns and leaves)
Justin: (under his breath) Is that an invitation??
I wish I could storm back to bed like that.
Yeah, it's work stuff that's got my all twisted up and worried. Nothing I am comfortable publishing in a public space like this one, as much as I would like to vent about it. And that may make it all that much more frustrating, because I'm not even comfortable talking about it anywhere that it might be overheard and get back to...
Sigh. I need a margarita. A deep one.
21 Days for Good #ohSnapkitchen
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment